The Governing Body
Meadowhead School is a Single Academy Trust. The trustees of the academy trust are both charity trustees and company directors. The term “trustee” is interchangeable with the term governor.
The Governing Body of Meadowhead School Academy Trust
The Governing Body of Meadowhead School consists of elected Parent Governors, elected Staff Governors, Community Governors appointed by the Governing Body, and Foundation/Trust Governors who are appointed by the Meadowhead Community Learning Trust (MCLT).
Members of the Senior Leadership Team attend meetings as Associates; they have no rights to vote.
It is a democratic body that meets once each term as a full governing body and much of the operational work is done via the three smaller committees: Pupil, Teaching & Achievement, and Finance & Resources.
Governors are committed to supporting the school in its attempts to consistently improve the quality of the education offered to Meadowhead students and raise standards of student performance. This is done by providing strategic direction, acting as a critical friend and accepting accountability for the performance of the school.
To Contact a Governor
Governors can be contacted via Sarah Gillott (Governance Professional) at:
Instrument of Government
The number of Governors shall be not less than three but shall not be subject to any maximum.
- The name of the school is Meadowhead School Academy Trust
- The school is an academy
- The name of the Governing Body is “the Governing Body of Meadowhead School Academy Trust”
- The Governing Body shall consist of :
- up to 1 Governor appointed by the Members
- up to 7 Community Governors;
- 7 Parent Governors;
- up to 2 Foundation Governors appointed by the MCLT;
- up to 3 Staff Governors;
- Up to 3 Co-opted Governors appointed by Governors who have not themselves been so appointed.
- The term of office for all Governors is four years
- The Instrument of Government came into effect on 1 September 2012.
- A copy of the Instrument of Government must be supplied to every member of the Governing Body.
If you wish to view a copy of the agenda and/or the approved minutes of each meeting and any report or document considered at each meeting, please request this from:
Sarah Gillott (Governance Professional) at: email@example.com
Please note that we can exclude from any item any material relating to:
• a named teacher or other employee or proposed employee
• a named pupil or student at the academy, or candidate for admission or referral to it
• any matter which, by reason of its nature, the trustees are satisfied should remain confidential.