Headline Key Stage 5 Results
44% of all A level grades were awarded A* - A
75% of all A level grades were awarded A* - B
100% of all A level grades were awarded A* - E
79% of all applied general (BTEC) grades were awarded Distinction* or distinction
100% of all applied general (BTEC) grades were awarded Distinction*, distinction or merit
Read our full Results Day story MEADOWHEAD SIXTH FORMERS ACHIEVE BEST EVER RESULTS
We are proud to share that our students achieved phenomenal results across the board, the students’ results for both for A Level and BTEC qualifications were above the national average and across almost all qualifications. Yet again, there was a 100% pass rate.
Nearly three quarters of all grades achieved this year at A level by Meadowhead students were A*-B. The average grade for A level is an A- which is a significant jump from the last three years. Those students who completed vocational courses are also celebrating similar successes and the average BTEC grade is now a distinction+ which is equivalent to an A level grade A. Students’ attainment levels have exceeded all previous years and most subjects have seen a significant increase in the percentage of students achieving the top grades.
For information on Performance Measures, please click HERE
We are proud of all of our students’ achievements but some particularly notable successes include:
- Eleanor Keyworth achieved A*A* A and A* EPQ, securing her place studying Medicine at Oxford University
- Elizabeth Wrigglesworth achieved A*A*A* and is going on to study Medicine at The University of Sheffield.
- Sophie Wright achieved A*A*A*A* and is going on to study Aerospace Engineering at The University of Bristol
- Harvey Smith achieved A*A*A* and an A* in EPQ and is going to study Chemical Engineering at The University of Leeds
- Leo Henderson has achieved AA*A*A* and will go on to study Mathematics
- Adam Khalil achieved A*A*A* and is going to study Biomedical Sciences at The University of Manchester
- Harrison Lambert achieved A*A*A*and will study Psychology at The University of Sheffield
- Imogen Rimmer achieved A*A*A* and is going on to study Natural Sciences at The University of Nottingham
- Isaac Waldron achieved A*A*A and an A* in EPQ and will study Modern Languages and History at The University of Leeds
- Cezary Dabrowski achieved D*D*B and is going on to study Computing with Business Management at The University of Sussex
These spectacular results build on the strengths such as careers advice, curriculum offer and work with universities and employers that were identified in a recent Ofsted visit. The Ofsted inspectors commented in their report that “students in the sixth form benefit from expert support that helps them to make decisions about their next steps.” We are proud of the progress of all of our students and look forward to hearing about the exciting adventures that await them in the future.