Head of Year
MPS / UPS plus TLR1b (£10,203)
Full time, Permanent
Meadowhead School Academy Trust is looking to appoint a well-qualified, ambitious Head of Year who can demonstrate strong leadership and management of student progress and behaviour.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring outstanding pastoral support for our students, fostering a culture that enables all students to maximise their potential across the whole spectrum of school life. This role will be instrumental in our determination to provide every student, regardless of their background, an excellent education and real choices in life.
The person we are looking for will have the ability to:
- Foster a strong sense of school community, prioritising student welfare and safeguarding
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff to promote good progress and learning
- Establish positive working relationships with parents and carers and communicate regularly with them
- Act as a positive role model to staff and students, communicating the highest expectations of behaviour, attendance and punctuality
- Implement and reinforce the school’s behaviour policy and system of rewards and sanctions, promoting consistent, orderly behaviour and encouraging caring and respectful relationships
At Meadowhead School Academy Trust you will find:
- students eager for success
- supportive colleagues
- a supportive and strong senior leadership team
- excellent professional development and guidance
Staff benefits also include enrolment onto the enhanced package for Smart Clinic which provides occupational health and well-being support for all employees.
If you would like to join our school, where every person matters, please submit your application by the closing date below. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Joy Kelsey at: email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23 May 2022 at 9.00am
Interviews: Wednesday 25 May 2022
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people through its Health and Safety and Child Protection policies. The interview process will include an assessment of your suitability to work with children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please complete a Meadowhead School application form, available at the foot of this page. Application packs are also available from the school office. For further details about this post, job description and person specification, please open the documents at the foot of this page.
MEADOWHEAD SCHOOL APPLICATION FORMS ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school marked for the attention of Ms J Kelsey via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org