Our priority is to remain open and maintain the provision of education and services to pupils in order to:
- Maximise attainment and achievement
- Ensure the health & safety of pupils
- Release parents/carers to continue with normal routines
The school will remain open unless:
- The health & safety of pupils and staff are compromised
- There are insufficient staff in attendance to manage the school safely
- There is significant damage to premises, or failure of essential utilities
In the event of an emergency arising before the start of school, a message will be posted on the school website/twitter/facebook and Parent App (site addresses are: www.meadowhead.sheffield.sch.uk, twitter: meadowheadsch, facebook: Meadowhead School Academy Trust), and where parents/carers have registered a mobile number with the school they will be notified of closure or a delayed start via text message/and or email. Radio Sheffield and Hallam FM will be notified by 7.00am that the school will close or have a delayed start.
Where an emergency arises during the day the school will consider the advisability of early closure. In this event, a message will be posted on the school website/twitter/facebook. Parents/Carers may be informed via text message and/or email, Radio Sheffield and Hallam FM will be also be asked to announce the time of the closure.
Arrangements will be made to supervise those students whose parents have specified they would prefer them to remain until the end of the school day. Parents are asked to indicate this preference on a form that is distributed in the Autumn Term.