Our priority is to remain open and maintain the provision of education and services to pupils in order to:
- Maximise attainment and achievement
- Ensure the health & safety of pupils
- Release parents/carers to continue with normal routines
The school will remain open unless:
- The health & safety of students and staff are compromised
- There are insufficient members of staff in attendance to manage the school safely
- There is significant damage to premises, or failure of essential utilities
If a decision to close or delay start is taken before the start of the morning session, a message will be posted on the school website and local radio stations (Radio Sheffield and Hallam FM) informed. Any decision to close before the morning session begins will usually be made by 7.00am
In the event of closure before the morning session the parent/carer/ staff text message service will be implemented by the School Business Manager.
If a decision to close is taken part way through the school day, then a text message will be sent to parents/carers informing them of the early closure.