- Online Safety
- E-Safety Resources/Guidance for Parents
- 'Self-generated' child sexual abuse prevention campaign
'Self-generated' child sexual abuse prevention campaign
This is a hard-hitting campaign, backed by the UK Home Office, Microsoft, TikTok and supported by Snapchat and Twitter which aims to empower girls and inform parents/carers about the online risks with particular emphasis on those posed by predators who target children.
The International Watch Foundation (IWF): TALK and Gurls Out Loud 'self-generated' child sexual abuse prevention campaign | IWF want girls to have a greater awareness of how to safely respond to requests online for images they take of themselves, and for parents/carers to know how to protect their children.
As part of the campaign, parents are encouraged to T.A.L.K to their children about the dangers.
- Talk to your child about online sexual abuse. Start the conversation – and listen to their concerns.
- Agree ground rules about the way you use technology as a family.
- Learn about the platforms and apps your child loves. Take an interest in their online life.
- Know how to use tools, apps and settings that can help to keep your child safe online.
Help us spread the word and close the door to online child sexual abusers.
We recommend parents/carers watch their hard-hitting video, available on this page: