Meadowhead is a good school - Ofsted
We are incredibly proud to share the outcomes of our recent Ofsted judgement – the school was judged good in all areas with some outstanding features in categories such as Sixth Form and Personal Development. We are now looking forward to the next stage of our journey towards becoming an outstanding school for our community. A huge thanks to students, families and our staff for all their support. You can read the report in full here https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/23/138545
Headlines from the report:
- Leaders and governors have brought about considerable improvement since the previous inspection.
- The curriculum is ambitious.
- Teachers have strong subject knowledge.
- Pupils behave very positively. They are lively, confident, interested and kind. This is because everyone wants them to be successful.
- Pupils said that there is always an adult they can talk to if they are worried about anything.
- Pupils have a voice at this school. Leaders ensure that the needs of pupils with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability) are identified accurately.
- Teaching in the Sixth Form is highly effective.
- Sixth Form students are wonderful ambassadors for the school.
- Teachers help to nurture rounded, open-minded and conscientious young people.
- Students in the Sixth Form benefit from expert support that helps them to make decisions about their next steps.
- Staff feel valued and supported by leaders and governors. They enjoy working at the school and morale is high.
The report is published on the Ofsted website, and you can view it on this link too.
The Ofsted findings show how far we've come and in her letter to parents, Mrs Grewal-Joy said that she is delighted that all the hard work of our students, staff and governors has been recognised. The report highlights the many actions taken by leaders to improve all aspects of the school and the positive impact they have had on student progress and behaviour.
We will be continuing our drive to improve further for each and every one of our students to ensure that Meadowhead becomes the outstanding school our community deserves. The strength and success of Meadowhead School relies on genuine partnership between school, students and families. As always, we thank parents and carers for their ongoing support for the school and know that together we are making a difference.