Kooth Support for Young People - awareness sessions
We would like to draw our Parents/Carers attention to Kooth, a service designed to support the wellbeing and resilience of young people. It is available in Sheffield for children and young people aged 11-18 (up to 25 if in care or coming out of care).
Kooth is running two free online parent/carer awareness sessions in June 2021. The sessions are designed to help you understand how Kooth can support your child with their mental health and wellbeing. Each session will cover:
- A Presentation on Kooth
- A Live tour of the Kooth site
- An opportunity for Questions & Answers about Kooth
Please use the link below to sign up to one of the events.
Kooth provides a safe, secure means of accessing help via the internet. By accessing Kooth, young people can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine which is full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral is required. Young people can register for Kooth independently at www.kooth.com
Kooth Engagement Lead for Sheffield