Y13 Student Survey Results: 'Amazing supportive team, lovely tutors and subject teachers'
98% of this year’s Y13 would recommend Meadowhead Sixth Form to friends and family because of the ‘excellent pastoral care’ and ‘great teachers’
Meadowhead Sixth Form is fully committed to student voice – in addition to our half-termly student council meetings and Presidents committee, we also conduct an annual survey of our outgoing Year 13 students. This is an opportunity for students to let us know what they have appreciated about their time with us, and gives a forum for suggestions as to how we can continue to improve students’ experiences.
Despite the uncertain and unprecedented times, this year’s responses have shown all-time high levels of appreciation for the sixth form. We had the highest-ever number of responses, with 98% of those students saying that they would recommend the sixth form to friends and family.
We are delighted that students rated us so highly, and we will continue to provide these levels of support for future students, as well as acting on students’ suggestions to ensure all areas of our provision are as strong as they can possibly be. Please see below for a selection of students’ comments.
Students were very complimentary of the pastoral and careers support they received (96% rated ‘excellent’ or ‘good’).
- ‘the careers and pastoral support was amazing; even the smallest problems could be solved quickly and effectively’
- ‘Meadowhead has been able to [help] in every way required’
- ‘friendly Sixth Form Office team offer outstanding support’
- ‘Sixth form team and staff included in Sixth Form courses are great. Very supportive, making you feel included. They make the journey through to exams easier.’
- ‘the sixth form team listened to our points of view in situations such as form rep meetings and took actions from it’
- ‘I was always supported to do my best and encouraged to aim highly’
- ‘the Sixth form team are brilliant’
Students were also effusive in their praise for their subject teachers (98% rated ‘excellent’ or ‘good’).
- ‘the individual faculty members are excellent. The effort they put in for their students has been incredible’
- ‘teachers always made it known it was their aim to get you the best grades possible and do what’s best for you’
- ‘teachers are great at what they do and are extremely supportive’
- ‘the teachers are really supportive and give extra help and support whether that’s academically or emotionally’
- ‘there’s a mutual respect between students and teachers, teachers have passion for their subject, it never feels like a chore coming to school’
- ‘teaching staff was excellent for all subjects, they have high level of knowledge for their subject’
- ‘my ICT teacher and form tutor is an absolute legend’
This year, there was an extra question about students’ experiences of lockdown. Students expressed gratitude to the school for the communication throughout.
- ‘sixth form did everything to maintain contact and tutor phone calls were reassuring’
- ‘The contact provided by the pastoral team has been amazing especially for those with mental health issues’
- ‘The head of sixth form and pastoral manager’s communication has been unmatched’
- ‘Cerys Evans (careers manager) has been extremely helpful to people looking for apprenticeships. She’s amazing and she goes beyond any expectations I have had’
- ‘compared to my friends from other schools Meadowhead have actually got in contact with us and checked up on us whilst a lot of other schools haven’t, shows how they care about students’
- ‘Very good at keeping in contact with students by sending weekly emails/ texts to share news about members of staff and to encourage students to keep active in lockdown. Lots of information about help available for mental health whilst in lockdown which was very useful and helpful.’