|We are committed to ensuing our students are fully prepared for the step up to sixth form. We strongly believe in challenging all of our students to achieve as highly as possible academically, supporting students to ensure they are confident and resilient individuals, and preparing students for the next stages of their journey after sixth form.||Aiming Higher Event|
Every student at Meadowhead Sixth Form enjoys comprehensive support even before they begin – including, but not limited to, the development of study and research skills; outstanding careers and pastoral support; and awareness of and preparation for the most competitive courses and opportunities for our highest achievers.
The next stages in our programme of support for our students in Y11 who are planning on joining our sixth form, are as follows:
- In the week beginning the 21st June we will launch transition work (click here) This work is designed to bridge the gap between GCSE and Level 3 study and to ensure that you make the best possible start in September
- On the 30th June we will be holding an ‘Aiming Higher’ (click here) event for those students who are intending to apply for the most competitive courses. This will feature a guest speaker from Cambridge University.
- Our transition days are on the 5th and 6th of July. On these days we will welcome all of the prospective year 12s into school for an opportunity to attend lessons in your chosen subjects and enjoy a genuine sixth form experience. Students will have full use of our excellent facilities, including the café which is only available to our sixth form students.
- On the 14th July we will be running a virtual Q&A session for yourselves and your parents. This is an opportunity to meet sixth form staff, and ask any questions you may have about your courses or sixth form life.
- Your GCSE results will be available on the 12th August. Sixth form staff will be available on this day to answer questions and make any necessary course changes.
We look forward to starting your sixth form journey with you.