Getting Help

There are two types of help - Formal and Informal.

Informal help is that which you will get from friends and family. There is also help from websites, books and television (click each for more details)

Formal help comes from trained professionals, which include:

Your GP
School Counsellor
Social Worker
CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services)

Young people can make an appointed to see their GP on their own and there is no minimum age that they need to be.

What support is offered will depend on each individual and there are different types of medication and therapies.  These can include CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Group Therapy, Art Therapy, Counselling